SourceTree for Windows 8 does not update Remote Repository State

Felix Grothkopp June 30, 2013

Hey guys,

it seems my SourceTree client (1.0.3.0) on Windows 8 does not update the Pull and Push buttons after a Fetch with a red number (indicating how many commits i am behind/ahead) like it used to. Neither it shows the number of commits ahead / behind on none of my branches in none of the sidebars (repository view / project view)

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

This suggests your local branch is not tracking the remote branch, which is how both of these things (pull/push counts and default pull branch) are derived.

Right-click your local branch in the sidebar, then select 'Track remote branch' and pick the remote branch which you expect your local one to track.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

Another way is to tick the box in the 'Track?' column when you next push your branch using the main Push dialog.

FYI branch tracking is set up when you checkout a remote branch to a local branch, or when you first push a new branch to a remote. I'm not sure how this would have got disconnected in your case but the tracking state is a git repo setting under the hood which SourceTree just uses (and allows you to alter).

Felix Grothkopp July 1, 2013

Seems like right-clicking on the branch and tracking the remote fixed it. I always had them tracking their remotes and i always had those boxes checked when pushing. Seems like i broke my settings without knowing.

0 votes
Felix Grothkopp June 30, 2013

I may note that when i try to pull the develop / master branch the remote-counterpart ("Remote branch to pull:") would not be pre-selected as it always was.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events