It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SourceTree for Mac is very slow on new 2018 MacBook Pro

I'm using a brand new 2018 MacBook Pro 15 inch (16GB RAM, 200GB free space currently on SSD). SourceTree is extremely slow when doing server checks it seems.

I previously used SourceTree with the same repo on my 2012 MacBook Pro and it was significantly faster.

Every time I click on a commit in the browser that is origin or switch back from that to a another one, the ball keeps spinning for 5-7 seconds. My internet speed is quite fast and it works fine on my other machine.

I switched to using the system git because previously it was completely unusable. It's a bit better now but still have the 5-7 seconds lag and performance problems when committing, etc.

I tried downgrading to 2.5.3 as recommended in some similar posts but that did not work either.

2 answers

0 votes
Manju Atlassian Team Aug 14, 2018

We are continuously working on improving the performance of Sourcetree and the next release has significant improvements in this area. Please stay tuned for an update coming your way soon. Appreciate your patience in this.

Thanks!

Same problem here, 2018 Macbook Pro 6core 512 ssd but Source Tree super slowly. Incredible. Do something!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,895 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you