SourceTree for Mac - Repository not found

James Bannan June 4, 2017

Hi - I am running the latest build of SourceTree for Mac (2.5.2). I'm working out at a customer site, and they have given me access to one of their private repositories.  I can log in via GitHub.com and create new files.  When I attempt to clone the repository using SourceTree for Mac, I get the error that the URL is not valid and that the repository could not be found.

Clearly the repo exists and my access is OK - what might be causing this issue?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi James, 

From the description you've provided, it seems that SourceTree is having trouble authenitcating you with the given host for the repository. Could you please provide details on how you are authenicating in SourceTree? If you've added the account in Preferences or provided username/password when you were prompted. If you've added the account in SourceTree, pelase let us know if its OAuth/Basic and https/ssh. If its SSH, kindly make sure the ssh agent on mac has the key added and the server has the necessary key. 

Would be happy to help with the extra info.

Thanks!

James Bannan June 5, 2017

Hi Manjunath,

Thanks for the reply.  I have added the account in to SourceTree using username/password when initially prompted. The account is OAuth using HTTPS.  I also have 2FA enabled on the account, and when I verify the credentials within SourceTree I am prompted for the second authentication factor which is accepted.

Cheers,

James

James Bannan June 5, 2017

It's also worth mentioning that I was able to clone the repository down using GitHub Desktop for Mac without any problems.

James Bannan June 12, 2017

Following up on this thread - anything?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events