Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree for Linux OS

Ömer GÖK February 23, 2016

Why don't you develop the SourceTree Linux version? Do you have any plan for it?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

I think Seth is suggesting you follow an original question instead of starting another thread.

7 votes
ekawahyu December 17, 2019

I have my solution posted here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/SourceTree-for-Linux/qaq-p/255473

But it seems that it gets buried in the middle of long conversation and makes it very hard to find. If you think this sounds like double posts, feel free to remove it. I just thought that others may find it a lot easier here instead of from the original posting.

ORIGINAL POST:

I have been in your shoes. I used SourceTree on Windows and Mac OS. Ever since I developed most of my projects on Linux, I tried to use GitKraken or command line, you know, git log with graph and all kind of formatting. But none of those have the same look and feel like SourceTree.

Here is the great news, if you use Visual Studio Code, you can install Git Graph extension that has resemblance look and feel of SourceTree. Even though you are not a fan of Visual Studio Code, you might want to give it a try. From my personal experience, from the moment I used GitGraph extension, I never look back to SourceTree anymore, not even when I am on Windows or Mac OS. I use VSCode + Git Graph on all platforms.

Take a look at this screenshot of VSCode + Git Graph on Ubuntu 18.04. Again, give it a try and I would love to hear your comments about it!

Disclaimer: I am not the author of Git Graph extension. I just wanted to share my experience and hope to help you out with a simple solution. And it is free!

PLEASE HELP TO VOTE THIS UP, SO THAT OTHERS CAN SEE IT ON THE TOP, THANK YOU!

Screenshot from 2019-11-28 15-45-12.png

0 votes
tiagocasemiro March 16, 2021

The most similar alternative to the source tree in linux is the Source App

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events