Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree does not start anymore (Null pointer)

Marc September 28, 2017

SourceTree does not start anymore.

I redownloaded the newest version from the website, but it suffers the same problem.

The log file says:

ERROR [2017-09-28 09:56:32,317] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-09-28 09:56:32,443] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.SetOwner(NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow)
   bei SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow, Tuple`2 customAction, VistaTaskDialogIcon icon)
   bei SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](String title, String message, Tuple`2 customAction, String cancelLabel, String suppressionSetting, Action`1 suppressionChangedAction, Object contentControl, String contentCommandLabel, Action contentAction)
   bei SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialogWithYesConfirmation(String title, String message, String details)
   bei SourceTree.Configuration.WpfSpellCheckerPreFlightCheck.Run()
   bei SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
   bei SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   bei SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi Marc, this is a known issue, they were talking about it on this thread. To solve it, navigate to the config file location (C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_{RANDOM_GUID}\2.3.1.0\user.config) and find the following line:

<setting name="AutomaticallyCleanUpDictionaryFiles" serializeAs="String"> <value>True</value> </setting>

Make sure that value is set to True.

Let us know if it worked for you!

Cheers :)

Ana

Marc October 2, 2017

Hi Ana,

thanks for the pointer!

This setting was not specified in the configuration file at all, hence the NullReferenceException. Maybe a default value should be used in this case :)

Well, I can confirm that after adding this setting, the NullReferenceException no longer occurs and SourceTree starts successfully again.

Thanks

Marc

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

I'm glad to hear that, Marc! Have a nice day :D

Ana

Timo Keilbach October 23, 2017

I had the same Issue. After adding the missing setting in the config file, SourceTree started as usual! Thank's

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events