SourceTree does not show the login window during installation

Stas Horodnianskyi October 10, 2017

Windows 7. I have installed SourceTree and during the first configuration I cannot login, because the appearing window does not load.

123.pngAs you can see on the screenshot, I have opened the same link that tries to open on "Use existing account" button in IE, and it does not load as well. 

What should I do? I have cleared the IE cache, reinstalled SourceTree, changed IE safety and privacy settings to low, cleared AppData/Local from Atlassian and SourceTree folders, did not help.

id.atlassian.com is unaccessable from IE, the error(same as here):

1234.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi Stas, this has been reported in our bug tracker at SRCTREEWIN-7244. There are a few workarounds listed in the comments, there's one specially that seems to be working for most of the users so I'll copy it here for you:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Some users shared other tips too, so you might want to check this Community thread

Let us know if it worked for you! :)

Cheers

Ana

Stas Horodnianskyi October 16, 2017

I had to google up the contents of account.json because I had no working install, but this helped, thank you.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

Glad to hear that! And thanks for accepting the answer :)

Have a good day,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events