Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree crashing on opening repositories after upgrade to 1.9.5

Andrew Jensen July 7, 2014

I upgraded to SourceTree 1.9.5 today, but it started to crash on every launch. I happened to have an old copy of 1.5.7 so I removed the new version and installed the old version in its place. I was then able to open repositories. I tried switching back to 1.9.5 (because maybe it was just corrupted user data or something) but then I was able to open the bookmark browser but not open any of the repositories. Every time I double-clicked on a repo it would try to open its window and crash.

I've attached the crash report. (sourcetree-crashlog-2014-07-08.txt)

8 answers

0 votes
ZARHLOUL SAAD July 27, 2016

Hi,

I had the same problem after upgrading to 1.9.5.0

Indeed, I have the problem (only) when I do a commit from the context menu.

Remember to update embedded Mercurial and git from Tools menu > Options (onglet Git & Mercurial)

Best,

Saad

0 votes
Olawale Adewoyin August 8, 2015

Guys, trying running it as Administrator. :) That's how i got mine working.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

Sorry about this, we've been actively working on a fix since we were made aware of the problem yesterday. We'll be issuing a fix shortly, likely tomorrow for those 10.7.5 users affected.

Cheers

Chris Venus July 25, 2016

Hi Kieran. I've just installed 1.9.5 today (running on Windows 10) through the sourcetree automatic update and encountered this same bug. If you've known about this bug for more than two weeks why are you still pushing the bugged version which has made sourcetree completely unable to load?

And do you have any idea when you will actually get a fix out for this? I assume the reference to 10.7.5 is referring to an OSX fix rather than a windows fix?

0 votes
Michael Miller July 8, 2014

Hi - scroll to the bottom of this page for Atlassian's link to the 1.9.4.1 dmg:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2530

0 votes
Phillip Duba July 8, 2014

I'm in the exact same situation and my crashlog looks the same. I'm also stuck on 10.7.5 and can't upgrade due to business policies right now. How does one revert back to 1.9.4?

0 votes
Jonathan Doughty July 8, 2014

Similar story here, repeated crashes when opening repositories either from the Bookmarks window or from the File... Open Recent menu selections. I am also (stuck on) on OS X 10.7.5

(sourctree_crash.txt)

0 votes
Enrique Viera July 8, 2014

Same problem here. Sourcetree is crashing after upgraded to 1.9.5. The crash happens while the app is trying to display the bookmark window or restoring the previous. This is on OSX 10.7.5. I tried wiping the preferences but that didn't help (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SOURCETREEKB/Wiping+SourceTree+Preferences). Also tried downgrading to 1.9.4 and now the app windows are not even displayed.

0 votes
wlanni July 8, 2014

I upgraded today, and am crashing on open as well. Tried with both reopening existing repository windows as well as just opening the app on its own. I'm a little hesitant to delete all my preferences as that's a lot of projects to recreate. (sourcetree-1.9.5-crash-report.txt)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events