It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SourceTree crashing on launch

I am currently using Source Tree. I am using Mac 10.11.6. I have BitBucket setup on SourceTree. It unexpectedly crashed last time when I used it. But now I can't launch this application anymore. 

When I reopen SourceTree I get the error message "The last time you opened Sourcetree, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?". Please see screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 12.12.22.png

I tried clicking on both 'Don't Reopen' and 'Reopen' each option has the same outcome. The application just crashes as soon as it opens. I even tried to force quit and restart my Mac. 

11 answers

Same here. Tried 2.7.4 and 2.7.2. Both crashes when it starts.

Same here 2.7.4c

I have even tried 2.6 and still get the same error. 

Same here....... 

same here.... yesterday everything was fine....

Same here. This all started just after I updated to macOS 10.13.5 (High Sierra).

0 votes
Manju Atlassian Team Feb 19, 2018

Can you please submit a ticket on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE and include crash logs from your mac?

Crash logs are found at ~/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports/ with names starting with format SourceTree<time_stamp>.crash

Hi,

This has been raised as a new ticket: #SRCTREE-5370

Thanks

Steven 

Manju Atlassian Team Feb 19, 2018

Can you update to version 2.7.1 and see if it helps?
If it crashes, please attach the crash logs to the ticket and we will investigate this.

Thanks!

Yes I already tried this. I deleted SourceTree and re-downloaded the latest version and the same problem occurred. The logs you see attached to that ticket is the latest version of SourceTree. 

I also have the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

I removed content from /Users/{USER_NAME}/Library/Application Support/SourceTree and then I installed a new version. Looks like it's working. 

yes, but that means you lose all your bookmarks. Have you tried adding bookmarks. After a few, it just starts crashing again

i just try, nothing happen

I added GitHub project works fine (pulling, pushing, etc.), are u adding Bitbucket project? I think the problem is with @STAuth-bitbucket.org file

I tried this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/how-to-wipe-sourcetree-preferences-412484640.html

and continues crashing right after click Clone any repo i have in Bitbucket....

i also got this issue. How do i resolve?

I have the same issue. 

I'm having the same issue in a MacBook with the High Sierra.

Same Issue here. Log attached:

(note I'm still on 10.13.4 instead of 10.13.5 and it still crashes)

https://pastebin.com/jxwZpYsj

I also have the same issue after upgrading to the latest version today.

Same problem.  Very frustrating.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,955 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you