Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree continuously prompting for colleague's BitBucket credentials

Kyle Rafferty June 26, 2017

A few weeks ago, I began working on a project with a couple of colleauges.  SourceTree (version 1.9) would occassionally ask me for one of their credentials for bitbucket, despite my account being logged in and no other accounts being present as far as I can see.

Today, I upgraded to the most recent version of SourceTree, and it the popups asking for the other user's credentials have become incessant.  I have removed all of the repositories I was working in and re-cloned them.  I have checked all of the authenication accounts.  I have looked online for solutions.  I am completely out of ideas at this point.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2017

Hi Kyle, can you check if there are any remnants of your colleague's account at %localappdata%/Atlassian/SourceTree/accounts.jsonThe credentials used by those accounts are stored in Windows Credentials Manager, with the 'git:' prefix.

If there's nothing there, you can try Wiping SourceTree preferences.

If you're still being prompted for your colleague's credentials, please let us know which Windows version are you using and send us a screenshot of the account settings in SourceTree.

Best regards,

Ana

Kyle Rafferty June 28, 2017

Ana,

Wiping the preferences from SourceTree seemed to do the trick.  Thanks so much!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2017

Glad I could help, Kyle! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events