Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree commit single file

sadlerville May 4, 2014

As of SourceTree 1.9, there does not seem to be an easy way to commit a single file. In version 1.8 you could right click on a file and commit an individual file, but the feature is gone in 1.9.

The only way I can see to commit a single file out of a bunch of changes is to unselect all of the checkboxes, tick the checkbox next to the file I want to commit and then commit normally.

What happend to the right-click Commit option? I can Log, Blame and Reset an individual file via right click, but not Commit.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

Try reading through this blog post about the main changes in 1.9, and see if the description there help you make things more efficient. In particular, I wonder if restoring the staging area would remove the need to uncheck files.

0 votes
sadlerville May 11, 2014

I see from the comments in the blog post that you mentioned, I am not the only one who finds the new workflow confusing. Using the staging area was a good suggestion. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events