SourceTree: can't finish feature branches (win10)

Michael Götze October 18, 2015

I'm trying to finish my feature branches (GoogleAccountAccess, EmergencyContact). I've already merged them but I can't finish them. If I select a feature branch and click on the GitFlow button, the dialog to create a new branch appears instead of the finish branch dialog.

Probably this is caused by a mistake of myself, naming the feature branch with an uppercase letter "Feature". I don't know how to fix this problem! Thanks in advance for your help!

Here my .git config:

[core]
    repositoryformatversion = 0
    filemode = false
    bare = false
    logallrefupdates = true
    symlinks = false
    ignorecase = true
    hideDotFiles = dotGitOnly
[remote "origin"]
    url = git@bitbucket.org:johannesschobel/bloodsugar-app.git
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/master
[branch "develop"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/develop
[branch "Feature/GoogleAccountAcces"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/Feature/GoogleAccountAcces
[branch "Feature/EmergencyContact"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/Feature/GoogleAccountAcces

2 answers

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

When you say "selected", do you mean you have the feature branch highlighted in the branch list or commit list, or do you have it checked out? I believe Git Flow bases its actions on which branch you have checked out.

0 votes
Jake L October 19, 2015

You can rename the branches to lowercase, or alternatively select "other action..." under GitFlow.

Daniel Girard Bolduc June 9, 2017

Thx a lot :) This was exactly my problem My branch name was containing "("  and ")"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events