Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree - can't commit a new subfolder

Ingo Krah August 3, 2016

Hallo,

i have SourceTree install on my Mac few month ago and use this daily for my projects.

I have all project in one repository divided into subfolder. Now a have a new project subfolder created with project documents included and with github committed successfully.

Then a have created an new subfolder created in this project, but this subfolder can not see in SourceTree. in finder the subfolder exists, but not in SourceTree. 

Whats wrong? I need help, please!

4 answers

1 vote
Ingo Krah August 3, 2016

now, i have create a new subfolder in this project and moved the files, then this subfolder appear in Sourcetree. Moved the file back, then not appear in Sourcetree.

1 vote
thinsoldier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Git does not care about folders. It only cares about files. Put a file in the folder and it will appear in Sourcetree.

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Have you checked your .gitignore-files to be sure you have not excluded the specified folder?

0 votes
Ingo Krah August 3, 2016

Sorry, my mistake.

in the subfolder exists many files.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events