Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree authentication using client certificates to BitBucket Server

Argadonis April 6, 2017

I'm curently in testing BitBucket Server and it is behind an Apache server using proxy pass. The Apache server uses an public signed server certificate and require a client certificate to access the server.

The test platform is Mac osx and the CA and the client certificate are added to keychain and trusted.

I've got the git client (and work without a problem with repositories that are set in SourceTree) to use the client certificate and work without any issues with the BitBucket Git Server over https , but when I set the BitBucket Server account on SourceTree to use the Remote feature I get "Login error" as from version 2.5(102), in the previous verion I got server require client certificate. If I disable the client certificate request on the apache the Remote feature work without any problem, but as soon as I reactivate the client certificate SourceTree fails to authenticate with BitBucket.

Anyone know if I need to set something special to make it work or it is a feature that SourceTree is not capable of using even if git is working ?

1 answer

0 votes
Argadonis April 7, 2017

I've made more tests and failed to fix this issue. It seems that SourceTree is not sending client certificate when is requested by server.

This is a screen shot of the message received from SourceTree application:

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 6.15.43 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events