SourceTree atlassian authentication issue during installation

Mehrad Tavakoli October 12, 2017

Hi,

We are trying to install SourceTree using the latest installer on Windows 10 devices. During the step that we need to log in to our Atlassian account, when we click on the "Use and existing account", the window that opens up (which is an HTML page), does not show up. I figured since we are installing on Windows 10, the app is trying to open the HTML page with Microsoft Edge, and seems like the latest page for authentication does not work on IE. In fact, when I click on "Got to my atlassian", if I open the link with Microsoft Edge, it does not open either, and the same link works on Chrome. Note that our default browser in the system is set to Chrome, but the installer only chooses the OS builtin browser and hence this issue, This is stopping us from being able to install SourceTree. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

First off, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have a look at this thread and see if it helps resolve it, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Sourcetree-won-t-install-on-windows-7/qaq-p/652314

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events