SourceTree all the version installation failed due to Git in Windows 7

Goldwin_Lawrence June 15, 2017

I am getting bellow error when i tried to install SourceTreeSetup_1.9.10.0:

ERROR [2017-06-15 15:52:57,264] [1] [SourceTree.Analytics.Crash.BugSplat.CrashAnalyticsService] [DispatcherUnhandledExceptionHandler] - DispatcherUnhandledExceptionHandler for [SourceTree, 1.9.10.0] called with [System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs]
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.UI.ViewModel.Welcome.InstallToolsStageViewModel._ConfigureVCS()
at SourceTree.UI.ViewModel.Welcome.InstallToolsStageViewModel.Finish()
at SourceTree.UI.ViewModel.Welcome.WelcomeWizardWindowViewModel.Next()
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList`1.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e, Type managerType)
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEventToList(Object sender, EventArgs args, ListenerList list)
at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at SourceTree.ViewModel.Utils.CommandSink.ExecuteCommand(ICommand command, Object parameter, Boolean& handled)
at SourceTree.ViewModel.Utils.CommandSinkBinding.<set_CommandSink>b__3_1(Object s, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
ERROR [2017-06-15 15:56:58,206] [1] [SourceTree.Repo.RepoHandlerHg] [get_CustomEnvironment] - GitHandler is not set, or git not enables, so didn't set git env variables

6-15-2017 4-29-17 PM.png

It is keep on show the Git not found popup when i try to enable Git. This is same for recent version too. I am using Windows 7 Enterprise.

2 answers

0 votes
Goldwin_Lawrence June 19, 2017

I do not have System Git now. But I tried that earlier it was not working. even I select the installation directory my self. It is not working. it shows the Git not found dialog.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

Hi Goldwin,

can you try selecting the 'I don't want to use Git' option? That should get you past that dialog. Then you should be able to open SourceTree and go into the Tools > Options > Git tab and click on 'Enable Git' which will re-run the same search process. 

Did this work for you?

Regards,

Ana

Hi Ana,

I tried this and it runs the process to install, but it keep on repeating the same. I think something is blocking at the end of process.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

Hi Goldwin, when you try the first option "Download an embedded version of Git..." does SourceTree download the Git installation? It should be in %localappdata%\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local

Do you have a system install of git? Can SourceTree find it?

Also, can you check which version of Git do you have on your computer?

git --version

Regards,

Ana

I do not have System Git now. But I tried that earlier it was not working. even I select the installation directory my self. It is not working. it shows the Git not found dialog.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2017

Hi Goldwin, in that case please submit a ticket at jira.atlassian.com, referencing this post and providing:

1. Log file, you can find its location at SourceTree logfile location
  2. Git version you're currently using, use the command 
git --version

Cheers :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events