SourceTree Windows Fails

glerler01 October 14, 2017

Cant do anything!!! ST has been working fine.  Use it almost everyday.  Been using most recent,  2.3.1 I think.  Today nothing!!!  Wont start, wont uninstall,  Ran the installer it wouldn't run.  No instance is running. You launch it spins then nada.  It appears to install in the  user's appdata/local folder.  I had Atlassian folder and a SourceTree folder and another I believe.  What a mess of old versions files.   I renamed the existing folders  and the installer ran and it "appears" to be working Not sure if it uninstalls. Probably should try.  

I have never had a program crap out like that.. No runtime error anything. I probably couldn't write something that did. either. I have crazy stuff with instance running in the background.  Kill them and your good. But not this. 

SourceTree on Windows 10

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

Hi Glenn, that sounds weird. Can you reboot your computer and try a clean uninstall?:

1. Wipe Sourcetree preferences
  2. Uninstall Sourcetree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step:
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete Sourcetree & Sourcetree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all Sourcetree Files/ folder.
  4. Re-install it. If needed, you can download the latest version from Download SourceTree.

Let us know if this helped you!

Regards,

Ana

glerler01 October 16, 2017

Yes - rebooted in between.  No change.  I did have it running when I posted.  Basically I did as you suggested.  The installer did run then and I have been functional.   I have not tried uninstalling yet.  It was very odd.  No response, errors or anything.  Nothing was running in the background.  No other events, changes etc on my machine either.   Thanks for the response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events