Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree - Where are filestatus view check boxes gone in 1.9.5.0?

Behrooz July 20, 2016

I upgraded to SourceTree 1.9.5.0 last day and check boxes on left side of files in filestatus lists are gone since then.

Here is a picture of what I see currently in filestatus view:

st_1950_missing_checkboxes.png

There used to be a check box on the left side of each file which allowed me to switch single files between Staged and Unstaged lists very fast.

Is there anyway to get the check boxes back like previous versions?

20 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
k_t August 2, 2016

It was deliberate according to the response from Atlassian in the related JIRA issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-5947?focusedCommentId=935927#comment-935927.

4 votes
Nathan W July 26, 2016

Yet another vote to bring back the checkboxes in all views.

4 votes
Patrick Lehmann July 25, 2016

In "split view staging" mode the checkboxes are missing, but in "no staging" mode they are available.

Using "space" as a shortcut works, but is not documented. The official shortcut is "Shift + Alt + C" according to the popup menu, which is quiet to long for such an often used command ...

I want the checkboxes back!

3 votes
dokka July 29, 2016

I like to be able to check them one by one while looking over the changes, and this screws with my workflow.

2 votes
homans July 26, 2016

Yes. Please bring these back.

2 votes
steveclason July 23, 2016

Has to be a mistake. I can live with the absence but it's bothersome. That benefits no one.

1 vote
Deleted user September 19, 2016

The regression in usability with each new version is truly mind boggling

1 vote
mateuscb August 2, 2016

Any update from Atlassian? was this a glitch or by design?

mateuscb August 2, 2016

Good find. Thanks!

Behrooz August 2, 2016

@Marat Vildanov can you please write your comment as an answer, so I can mark it as the accepted answer?

k_t August 2, 2016

@Behrooz Abdolzadegan Sure! Done.

Behrooz August 2, 2016

@Marat Vildanov thanks for it, marked as accepted.

0 votes
Giedrius Banaitis January 25, 2017

Space keyboard button almost works, just it looses focus after pressing key, so I need constantly switch between keyboard and mouse (you can get back focus with like 20 tab key presses, but well...)

0 votes
iongion October 28, 2016

Press

SHIFT + ALT + C

This did it, quickly close it before it crashes so that it saves the settings, re-open in full glory laugh

Deleted user October 30, 2016

This switches to a different view, though. (Split view staging / No Staging)

0 votes
Тёма Пендюрин September 12, 2016

20 Jul — 12 Sep. Sourcetree support is titally useless!

You may use version list, to find version that still works (1.8.3 for example). 

0 votes
Gyanendra Rijal August 10, 2016

I immediately update sourcetree after every update notification hoping that the checkboxes are back. But in vain

0 votes
Mark Greenwood August 8, 2016

OMG I thought it was just me - this screws up everything I have workflow wise.  Give me back my checkboxes grrrr

0 votes
Jeremy Sarda July 27, 2016

Definitely want the check boxes back... Noticed it right away.

0 votes
Daniel Do Binau July 22, 2016

I see that Atlassian still has not been able to come up with an update that is not significantly worse than version 1.7 (in the Windows versioning) which I am still running.
I encourage everyone with problems to downgrade to this version, which I consider the final version of SourceTree for my purposes.

Or find your personal favorite here:
https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/update/windowsupdates.txt 

0 votes
j_kokes July 21, 2016

A mitigating factor: using SPACE for "checking/unchecking" those removed checkboxes still works. However, I find the visual confirmation of the checkboxes an important think and wish the checkboxes return.

0 votes
Mike Totman July 21, 2016

I wonder if 1.9.5 is an alpha release? The version in the update dialog box said "1.9.5 >a" for me, while 1.8.3 did not. Also, there's an item in the Tools menu, "Test - notifications" which appears to launch some testing code.

0 votes
k_t July 21, 2016

Same for me. I really really miss them.

0 votes
Felix0114 July 21, 2016

me, too. All checkboxes are gone.

0 votes
chrislo2401 July 20, 2016

Yeah I noticed that today too. Weird that they're gone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events