Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree V-2.0.20.1 Not installing in Windows10

Govarthan A May 22, 2017

I'm using Windows 10 OS. While I tried to install the latest version(2.0.20.1) there is nothing happend. It just shown Atlassian popup then stoped. There is no process in Taskmanager also. I checked in Control Panel, Sourcetree installed without icon. One shortcut created(with icon) in Desktop tried to launch the application but no use. While launching the application, Windows Crash Reporter process is on top of the Task manager. Kindly provide solution to install the latest version. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2017

Hi Govarthan! Are you a new SourceTree user, or did you already have one of the previous versions? To move to the latest version of SourceTree, it's necessary to uninstall 1.9.x first, then manually download and install it from www.sourcetreeapp.com.

If this is still not working, you can you try resetting your preferences.

Let me know if you could install it now.

Cheers,

Ana

Govarthan A May 23, 2017

Hi Ana,

Thank you so much. Problem due to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\ folder. Now it's working fine.

Govarthan.A

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2017

Thanks for sharing, Govarthan! Hopefully it will help other users too :)

nico_verwer May 28, 2017

It did help me today, when Sourcetree suddenly would not start anymore. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events