Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Unusably Slow

Eshan May 18, 2014

SourceTree, since updating, has become unusably slow. I find myself going back to the command line. Simply selecting multiple files in my working copy causes the application to beachball and either take minutes to become responsive again or completely lock up indefinitely.

What are some steps I can take to help you find repro steps / isolate the problem?

The project is built in Unity, and the prevalent issue is that staging files takes a long time. There is definitely something about working with Unity that SourceTree doesn't like.

6 answers

2 votes
Eshan May 27, 2014

Bump. Anybody? My entire studio is on the verge of switching away from SourceTree - it's atrocious. I can't even stage files without a 30 second delay.

1 vote
Jan Hurst September 14, 2014

I agree, SourceTree has become unusable for me in recent builds sad (Windows)

1 vote
Eshan May 27, 2014

Bump. Anybody? My entire studio is on the verge of switching away from SourceTree - it's atrocious. I can't even stage files without a 30 second delay.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

The specifics will surely help. You might still want to contact atlassian through one of the channels I mentioned.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

I don't think the community can provide any help here besides "Me, too!" or "It works fine for me". If you think there might be a particular characteristic of your repository that is causing SourceTree to choke, but don't know what it is, try support.atlassian.com. If you'd prefer to file a bug report, visit jira.atlassian.com.

0 votes
Eshan May 27, 2014

Maybe I can be more specific - the project is built in Unity, so files like .prefab and .unity cause SourceTree to lock up quite frequently. We added both of those extensions to the diff exclusion list in Preferences, which helped the lock ups (though it's a bummer we can't see the diffs for them anymore).

Now the prevalent issue is that staging files takes a long time. There is definitely something about working with Unity that SourceTree doesn't like. It'd be good to hear from the community to see if others are having the same trouble.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events