SourceTree: Staging multiple files in new UI

Michael Meurer February 16, 2016

With the recent update the ability to stage multiple files via drag/drop seems to have disappeared.

Right now my only options to stage mulitple files seem to be:

• Select multiple files, right-click, "Add"
  • Select checkbox of each single file

Both of these are incredible impractical - before the update these where also working:

• Select multiple files, Press Ctrl-Shift-Plus
  • Select mutliple files, Drag/Drop them to the staged file area by dragging the modify-icon of one of the selected files

Is there any way to make this work again?

8 answers

0 votes
rikim November 24, 2016

I am disappointed in you Altassian decision making team. You have successfully transformed an almost perfect git-client to a bloatware full of shit in the name of UI improvements. Well done guys. Please don't spread your knowledge to the Bitbucket team. I love that git hosting too much to screw up.

0 votes
Todd Hlavacek August 12, 2016

With 1.9.6.1, this is still broken.  I'm downgrading until this is fixed.

0 votes
dana_vista May 5, 2016

Selection+Spacebar now seems to work, which makes it bearable. I still miss the drag and drop though

0 votes
Phil Nash May 5, 2016

This has been incredibly frustrating to me for a while now too. I didn't know ctrl+shift+plus still worked, though (as well as ctrl+shift-minus to unstage) so at least it's tolerable - thanks.

Seems inexcusable that this is still broken, though.

0 votes
monkeycod April 7, 2016

Drag and drop to stage multiple files was something I used a million times a day. The removal of this functionality is frustrating enough for me to "downgrade" to the old version.

0 votes
Arjon Buikstra March 4, 2016

I thought I only hated the new UI because of the look, but now I hate it because of breaking useful functionality too. Also, my most annoying pet peeve (bug with the divider not being drag+droppable on fullscreen) wasn't fixed. Bah, humbug.

0 votes
Titan Stripchat February 24, 2016

+1 to Mike: my standard workflow was to select 5 files of 20 and press `Space`. This doesn't work anymore: have to use mouse or look for `Ctrl+Shift+Plus` for this common operation

0 votes
Mike Kaiser February 17, 2016

I'm interested in this as well. Before the update, I would selected multiple files and use Spacebar to check them all at once.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events