SourceTree: Multiple BitBucket accounts

dracan May 21, 2014

In SourceTree for Windows, I have multiple Bitbucket accounts created (actually just 2). They both have different passwords. SourceTree seems to get confused by this, and constantly prompt me for passwords even though I've saved them. I don't have this issue if I only have one Bitbucket account associated.

2 answers

0 votes
Derek Visch January 22, 2016

I seem to have this issue right now as well, multiple users on a windows machine accessing source tree we get asked for different users credentials for sourcetree. 

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hey Dan,

There's a bug which has been fixed for the next minor release (in 2 weeks~ time) that occurs in certain scenarios. This causes HTTPS auth details to not be remembered correctly if it's the very first time, but only for some users. To fix this, you can open the keychain application and add it manually by putting in 'bitbucket.org' and your username, then specifying the password. This way, SourceTree can then use the keychain to go and get those auth details and you won't be prompted again.

1.9.3 will fix this, however. Very sorry about that, fortunately there's a workaround for this case.

Cheers

dracan May 22, 2014

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for the very quick reply :) Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using the Windows version. I'm not sure what a keychain application is, but a quick Google suggests that it's a Mac thing. Is there something similar I can do to resolve it in the Windows version?

Thanks again,
Dan

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

Kieran's issue is regarding a very similar issue for the Mac version. I don't think the version or fix that he is referring to will have any relevance to us Windows users.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2014

You're right, Seth. Windows works completely different, and that doesn't have any bugs in authentication.

@DanI can only suggest that you haven't loaded your keys, perhaps? Are you using Pageant?

dracan May 23, 2014

I'm using SourceTree's inbuilt 'Hosted Repositories', which has 'HTTPS' as the preferred protocol - so I presume this just uses the username/password for authentication and doesn't involve keys?

dracan May 23, 2014

I've just tried changing one of the Bitbucket accounts to use SSH instead of HTTPS, and this seems to have got around the issue. There does seem to be a bug in the Windows version with multiple Bitbuckets accounts that are using HTTPS authentiation though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events