SourceTree - Merge strategies - Keep both changes possible through UI?

Paul Vu December 17, 2015

SourceTree gives us different merge strategies to accept either "theirs" or "mine", but is there a way to keep both changes without having to edit the file manually?

2 answers

2 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

This will be the default behavior if the changes don't conflict.  If the do conflict, then human intervention is required.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

I totally assumed conflict in my answer. Good clarification.

Paul Vu December 21, 2015

Darn, I was hoping I could have some functionality like TFS in Visual Studio and accept both changes if they are on the same line.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2015

Visual Studio is a full IDE, SourceTree is just a Git GUI. Some IDEs that have built-in Git support may provide that function.

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2015

Only by using an external merge tool.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events