SourceTree - Hosted Repositories window is empty

sipitai February 13, 2015

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded SourceTree and added my BitBucket account, but when I try to clone a repository I've been given access to, the Hosted Repositories window is empty.

If I go to the BitBucket website and clone the repository from there it works fine, but for some reason the SourceTree client just isn't picking up the list of repositories I have access to.

I'm not getting any error messages of any kind.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to change / double check to get this working?

7 answers

1 vote
sipitai December 9, 2016

I never did find a solution.

After a bit of Googling I came to the conclusion that SourceTree doesn't show all the repositories you have access to by default. Instead it only shows specific repositories based on the owner, permissions, etc. Which would fit in with the solution you've described.

I stopped using SourceTree shortly after posting this question, so I stopped search for a solution.

Assuming I'm right, they just need to add some more finely tunable settings for which repositories do or don't show up in the list.

FYI - I'm on Windows 7.

0 votes
Mike Mmm August 25, 2018

SourceTree is useless. Works only one time, after that won't show the repositories on own server bitbucket (who would ever share own code with 3rd party, no idea, but seems like most of people using it with BitBucker cloud).

Don't bother, never use it. I had the same issue few months ago, and now after few months, they have failed to repair this bug.

0 votes
analerma December 8, 2016

In my case, the problem was to do with permissions. The Bitbucket administrator changed some settings and it was fixed.

Mike Mmm August 25, 2018

Unfortunately not the case for us. Users are assigned as Admin users, beside it worked before restarting SourceTree.

Happens on all machines (even machine hosting BitBucket)

0 votes
Brian Peacock December 8, 2016

There's no mention of the OS that SourceTree is installed on and wonder if that is a factor?  In my workplace, we have at least two machines that are having the same issue, both Windows 10 1607 build.  It seems to work OK on a Windows 7 machine so possibly some config issue on Windows 10? 

Mike Mmm August 25, 2018

Windows Server 2016  / Windows 10

Who would use Win 7 if SourceTree is for developers ??? Win 7 is long gone if you're Windows developer (unless you're working on legacy code)

0 votes
analerma November 21, 2016

Did you ever find the solution?? The same thing is happening to me

0 votes
Terrence Drumm February 28, 2015

I been having the same problem I found it was because of a repository that was over the 2gb limit ( accidentally committed files that didn't need to go). Must be some bug that causes it not to display any repository if one is read only. It Seems to be only a Windows issue as my mac didn't have the same problem.

sipitai February 28, 2015

Thanks for the info. Although in my case I have access to 10 or so repositories, some of which are < 10MB, and none of them show up in my Hosted Repositories window.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2015

On the top right of the Hosted Repositories window, there is an "Edit accounts" button. Click that and make sure you have an entry for your BitBucket account.

sipitai February 15, 2015

Yes I do. Details are as follows: Hosting Service: BitBucket Host URL: https://bitbucket.org Username: [correct username entered] Login Status: Password OK Preferred Protocol: SSH Show Private Repositories: [checked]

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2015

Can you try with HTTP? And/or, check your (company's) firewall settings. It might be that something blocks the transfer.

sipitai February 15, 2015

I've tried with 'Preferred Protocol' set to both HTTPS and SSL, but neither option appears to make any difference. I'm not behind a company firewall, I just have a standard 4 port router and Windows 7 - neither have any special configuration. Although I haven't set up any special rules on the computer or the router for SourceTree either. Would that be worth trying?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2015

Check the Windows firewall, it might be blocking it. You could also try bypassing the router. Something is definitely blocking the traffic.

sipitai February 16, 2015

I just tried turning off Windows Firewall, and enabled DMZ on my router for my local IP. However I'm still getting the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events