Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree - Hosted Repositories - Content-Type Error

Ryan Clamp September 25, 2013

Hi everyone,

Whenever I add a repository to my hosted list I get the following error when the dialog is saved and the list of hosted repositories is displayed.

--

'Content-Type' is an unexpected token. The expected token is "" or "'. Line2, Position 18.

--

Tried numerous repositories that should work, uninstalling/installing etc. Without any repositories the error disappeares.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ryan

--

I'm on a Windows 8 machine.

3 answers

0 votes
duncm February 11, 2014

I'm also having a similar problem on Windows Server 2008 R2. In my case, this error occurs when setting up my Bitbucket account upon initial install of SourceTree.

The computer is behind a proxy server (no authentication required).

Screenshot attached. Please let me know if you'd like any further info.

duncm February 11, 2014

Sorry, my bad. I'd accidentally configured Internet Options control panel with our proxy server that does require authentication. I've corrected that and it's now working.

It would appear that SourceTree doesn't prompt for proxy credentials upon an HTTP 407 response. Instead, it displays an error message, as above.

The authentication-required proxy server would only work when I explicitly set custom proxy server and credentials in SourceTree > Tools > Options > Network.

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Allen Look October 20, 2013

I'm having the same problem from a Windows 8 machine, yet no probelm from a Windows 7 machine. Both are behind a proxy server that requires authentication if that helps with suggestions?

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

Is this for Windows or Mac?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events