Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Google Oauth requires IE

Garry Haywood February 16, 2016

On log-in in to Sourcetree (1.8.0.36401) via the Googale Oauth requires internet Explorer to be installed and the default browser application?

1. Download app installer (response to previous version update check)
  2. choose 'log in using existing account'
  3. Select 'Login via google'
  4. Enter google credentials
  5. google will bounce the outh, it will open with default browser and reach an error page unless that default browser is IE!
  6. open IE, make it the default browser
  7. log in to google via the browser
  8. return to sourcetree
  9. choose 'log in using existing account'
  10. go back to desired default browser and make it the default

Is this seriously a requirement?

(tested windows 10 where Chrome 48.0.2564.109 m (64-bit) was the default browser)

3 answers

1 vote
conanoc February 28, 2016

Everything seems to be fixed on 1.8.2.3. Now chrome can be the default browser and I can log in using google account.

Garry Haywood February 28, 2016

that's good to know. 

thanks for updating

1 vote
conanoc February 23, 2016

It does not work neither on Windows7, IE11

I cannot still login with google account.

0 votes
Teodor Mihai December 22, 2016

As of the 22nd of December 2016, with SourceTree version 1.9.10.0 on Windows 10 Pro, I was unable to complete the initial setup without setting Internet Explorer (not Edge) as the default browser.

I was using a normal Atlassian account but the login page was opening a small window with the text "Please wait..." which never completed. Closing it simply brought the setup wizard back to the login stage.

Making Internet Explorer the default browser, starting it once so it went through its initial setup, and then re-launching SourceTree made it complete the setup.

The setup also makes no allowance for offline installations as far as I can tell.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events