SourceTree - Custom Pull Request Query

chip wood January 17, 2019

We're currently using TeamForge for a project at work and the query to make a pull request doesn't quite line up with what source tree creates. 

The only way to define a custom URL is to choose 'Stash', but the format for the query for Stash doesn't match our TeamForge pull request query. This is the relevant part of the URL generated by SourceTree using Stash:

projects/29418/repos/blueline_3-main/pull-requests?create&sourceBranch=sourcetreepullreq

The actual query for our TeamForge instance looks like this:

projects.blueline_3/git/scm.main/reviews/create?sourceTreeId=refs%2Fheads%2Fsourcetreepullreq

Is there a way to define a custom query? We'd love to be able to use the 'generate pull request' feature in SourceTree as opposed to manually navigating to the form via our browsers.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2019

Hi Chip,

We don't expose that in Sourcetree for customization. Each supported service uses a different format and we want to manage the interactions with them to ensure proper behavior. I recommend filing a ticket in our trackers (Mac and Windows) for TeamForge support if there isn't one already so folks can vote and comment. We review these when planning future releases.

Thanks,

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

chip wood January 18, 2019

Thanks Brian - I'll give that a shot. We might be switching from TeamForge to GitLab anyway and I don't see that as an option either - I'll test the supported services to see if their queries match GitLab's before proceeding with a ticket.

Thanks again!

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2019

@chip wood We added GitLab support in the 3.0 updates for both Mac and Windows so you're good to go there 👍

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events