SourceTree Custom Action on Mac returns "launch path not accessible"

Ken Taylor October 9, 2015

I am setting up SourceTree with the same custom actions that work with another installation. For example, I have:

Script target: git

Parameters: clean -fx

When I attempt to invoke the action, I get:

git clean -fx 
launch path not accessible
Completed with errors, see above

It works if I specify the full path of git in the script target: /usr/local/git/bin/git

But I would prefer to not have to specify that in each of the actions.

I have SourceTree configured to use system git with location /usr/local/git/bin/git. But I get the same error if I use embedded git.

I also tried an action:

Script target: /usr/sbin/which

Parameters: git

This also returns the error:

launch path not accessible

What gives?

SourceTree version 2.0.5.3

Git version 2.5.3

$ defaults read ${HOME}/.MacOSX/environment.plist PATH

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kenocrates January 5, 2017

This issue was somewhat resolved for me at some point. I cannot recall when but at some point git appeared in /usr/bin and I no longer get the launch path error for simple custom commands.

But I just had the same problem with launch path when trying to use a more involved command:

git tag -l | xargs git tag -d && git fetch -t'

To work around the problem, I created an alias:

git config --global --add alias.prunetags '!git tag -l | xargs git tag -d && git fetch -t'

I then made the custom command:

git prunetags

3 votes
phdpsx August 31, 2016

terminal: chmod 0755 path/file
worked for me 

Jay Whitsitt September 28, 2016

This solved it for me as well

yzhong52 January 1, 2017

hmm, this doesn't work for me

Andranik Azizbekian February 16, 2017

Example: chmod 0755 myscript.sh

0 votes
Rod Barnes May 26, 2016

I'm having the same issue.  Can't figure out how to fix what it is trying to tell me.  Did you ever resolve this?  I tried "/usr/bin/git" as the command and "-C $REPO clean -fxdn" as parameters but still get the "launch path not accessible".  I assume this means it cannot reach the command but I expected using and explicit path would work.  I can certainly execute this from the terminal.  Since I started SourceTree as my user, I'd expect it to have the same permissions.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

Should be, SourceTree features are typically developed for Mac first, then ported to Windows. Sounds like a Mac user needs to take a look at this, or maybe you'll need to try submitting a bug report to get the attention of Atlassian staff.

0 votes
Ken Taylor October 13, 2015

Colon is the delimiter in unix-based systems. Is there support for Mac?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

A PATH issue seems most likely, but it looks like the correct git location is listed in the PATH. I'm not a Mac user - are the different items in the path supposed to be separated by colons? Semi-colons seem like a more typical delimiter for this sort of thing. Although you'd probably have bigger problems if your PATH is using the wrong delimiter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events