Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SourceTree] Creating pending changelist

Pierre-Marc Simard February 2, 2014

Hello,

Is there a way in SourceTree to create multiple pending changelist before commit in order to sort out the different files that changed into different commit and prepare commit descriptions?

When moving files around, adding new thing and doing corrections it can easily become a mess in the pending section and its hard to make sure you dont forget anything. Same goes with description that could represent a lot of work.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

I don't believe there is an easy way to support this, but AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PUSH ANYWHERE Git makes it relatively easy to modify commits.

Also, most people will tell you that since your repository is local, it is a much better strategy to commit frequently than to make lots of changes and then try to commit them in pieces. Remember, as long as your changes aren't getting pushed to any remotes (or pulled by other devs) there is no risk to committing incomplete code. In the worst case, Git makes it easy to modify or remove the commit before you do any pushing.

Pierre-Marc Simard February 2, 2014

I use Mercurial & BitBucket. I didn't find a way (in sourcetree at least) to change a commit or even the description.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events