Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Categorize Branches

dsmoore1600 August 12, 2013

Is there a way such that within sourcetree, you can categorize your branches of a git repository? I would like to be able to right click on a branch and mark it as important, awaiting pull request, or something similar. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you for your help, David

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

You can name your branches in a folder structure-like format and they appear as folders in SourceTree. For example you could name it as features/issue_1539 and SourceTree will display 'features' as a folder. Currently we don't categorise branches though with a tag-like format, but you could always file a feature request over at jira.atlassian.com (project SRCTREE for Mac, SRCTREEWIN for Windows).

Hope that helps

dsmoore1600 August 18, 2013

Thank you for your advise, I will file a feature request.

Kalin Milislavov June 4, 2015

Thanks for your shared knowledge!

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

I don't think this is possible .... haven't seen anything like this yet within GUI.

Perhaps setting a temporary local git-tag to indicate those things might be a not-so-ideal solution ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events