Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree: Bookmarks / Dragging Repositories to Folders

Casey M. Croussore April 8, 2015

In the bookmark panel of SourceTree, any newly-cloned repository is added to the very bottom of the list of folders / repos.

That's okay.  The problem that I have is that when I then try to move that repository to a folder somewhere above, every folder which I pass over in the process immediately expands fully, even if it is not the folder to which I am dragging the repo.

The same happens if I am moving a folder up or down (they're not automatically sorted alphabetically) in the tree view.

Any fix for this?

4 answers

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

For a fix, you'd have to submit a bug report to jira.atlassian.com.

I think I found a workaround. Try dragging the repository/folder outside of the bookmarks panel so you don't actually ever hover over the folders you don't want to expand.

Casey M. Croussore April 8, 2015

Thanks - the workaround works, presuming I move my mouse horizontally to the right without also incurring any vertical movement.

I'll report as bug enhancement, as suggested.

0 votes
Nathan Shewmaker March 15, 2017

I have a related problem which is that sometimes when I try to click on a bookmark, I accidentally drag it a little bit, and then it just vanishes from the list.  The only way I can get it back is to add it again, which is a pain.  Does this happen to anyone else?

0 votes
mingster June 19, 2016

In windows 10, u need to open sourceTree in non-admin mode in order to drag & drop bookmark.

However, u need to open in admin mode in order for pull/push to work functionally (while using ssh key as auth).

All & all, don't use window as OS unless u have to.

0 votes
James Wills June 17, 2015

+1. This is really annoying, and could easily be solved with a simple 1 second delay before a folder opens when dragging repos around. Sorting would be useful also.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events