Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree BitBucket login fails with SSH and 2FA

James Barrow January 28, 2016

I recently setup SSH and 2FA login for my BitBucket account. I then updated my credentials in BitBucket and everything was fine. However after restarting my Mac this morning when I try to get the list of my BitBucket repos, I get an error response with the message of what looks like a login failure page in HTML text.

I am still able to use SSH to fetch, pull and push repos individually, but swapping to the "Remove" tab seems to constantly throw this error.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks. laugh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2016

You're running into one of the known limitations of 2FA and SourceTree at the moment. Currently, SourceTree will use SSH to do most everything with Bitbucket except build a list of repositories. There is an open feature request here to allow application specific passwords, this would allow SourceTree to use that set of credentials and get the list of repositories. Until then, you'll need to manually add the repositories into SourceTree.

This is explained in a bit more detail on the Two-step verification documentation.

James Barrow February 1, 2016

Thanks for letting me know about this. This is a shame, but I understand the reasons. Hope that the feature request gets accepted and implemented soon. smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events