Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Authentication Problems with V1.10.23.1

Michael Kirkpatrick April 5, 2017

We have our own BitBucket server that I use SourceTree with.  When I go to Clone I setup the connection with our server and supply the necessary credentials and it works the first time out.  However when I try to Push or Pull, no matter what I do it tells me "Fatal: Authentication failed for...".  I go to Tools -> Options -> Authentication, I then select the only account that shows up there and click "Set as Default".  Once I do that, I can push and Pull without any problems.

After an hour or two everything stops working.  To get it working again, I have to quit out of SourceTree, open the Windows Credential Manager and delete all the BitBucket accounts. 

Then I have to start over again and set up the BitBucket server in SourceTree and then go to Tools -> Options -> Authentication.  Select the only account that shows up there and click "Set as Default". Once I do that, I can push and Pull without any problems.

Again, after an hour or two I have to go through the entire process again.  Over and Over...

What am I doing wrong or what is wrong with SourceTree?

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2017

Hi Michael! My advice would be first to Wipe Sourcetree preferences and then to upgrade to the latest Sourcetree version, that can be downloaded at SourceTree-2.0.18.1.

Let us know if this fixed your issue!

Cheers,

Ana

Michael Kirkpatrick November 22, 2017

Upgrading fixed it.  Thanks.  Sorry for the late reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events