SourceTree Amend Commit question

Alexander Kucheryuk January 27, 2015

Hi!

I am using Source Tree on Windows and trying to undo some of the changes to the file (php file).

I select the commit and right click on it choosing "Rebase children..."

A window is shown for interactive rebase.

I check "Amend Commit?" tick box and click OK.

A progress bar is shown and then nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

Because according to some of the information I have seen, a new window should appear where I can modify commit (not the message, actual files).

Alex.

2 answers

0 votes
Даниил Пронин April 16, 2015

I just added custom action with `git reset --soft HEAD~1` and it worked like the same “Undo” in GitHub for Mac.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

Seems like you are doing this a very complicated way. Right-click the commit you want to undo, and click "Reverse commit..."

This is a composite commit (contains many other changes). I need to undo only specific changes.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

So I do as described in that thread. I get "uncommited changes". I create new commit with option "amend last commit". I get the following error: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c "sequence.editor='C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\stree_gri'" -c "core.editor='C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\stree_gri'" rebase --skip Rebasing (2/5) rebase in progress; onto 9cf6b39 You are currently rebasing branch 'master' on '9cf6b39'. nothing to commit, working directory clean The previous cherry-pick is now empty, possibly due to conflict resolution. If you wish to commit it anyway, use: Otherwise, please use 'git reset' Could not apply 3fadaf05f8b5c697c8c6d7ff69aa846bb7f5eb04... v3.6.6 (braces for if statement) Completed with errors, see above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events