Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree Access is limited

kim.m.dahl November 15, 2017

An RRD users is unable to clone certain repositories locally. Specifically projects in the xxxxx repository. I am able to clone all projects in the xxxxx repository. 
The error received:----Repository not foundThe requested repository does not exist, or you do not have permission to access it.fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.
----
Troubleshooting to date:
1. Thought it was too old of version of SourceTree - Other users have the same access permissions and are not experiencing this issue.

2. Fixed branch permissions on the xxx-xxx-xxx repo for my user - Did not fix issue.

3. Using Terminal.app, tried to manually clone the repo - Did not work.

2 answers

0 votes
kim.m.dahl November 20, 2017

Thank you Ana for your response.  

This user does have permission to access the repo and belongs to the same groups as other users that do have access and aren't experiencing issues with access.

We host these applications ourselves, making it unlikely that you would have direct access to review the affected repository.  Although, I am happy to set up a webx/screen share to review.

Thank you,

Kim

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Kim, if the user is having the same problem when using the terminal, then the issue is not related to Sourcetree but is with the permissions to the repo itself.

Make sure he has the right permissions to access the repo and that he doesn't belong to a group with conflicting permissions as the most restrictive will apply.

If you're still having issues, you can let us know the owner and name of the affected repo and the username of this person so we can have a look.

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events