Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree 2.1.2.5 offline registration

Michael Leach June 28, 2017

Is there any way to register SourceTree 2.1.2.5 on an offline computer (as in NOT Internet connected)?  Company security policy prevents me from connecting that computer to the Internet as well as prohibits the installation of SourceTree on any computer that can access it.  I've seen articles about previous versions but wanted to ask if this has been changed with the current version.

4 answers

1 vote
Justin Baldock September 14, 2017

Hi, I also have a similar issue. I have an unclassified computer I can run the software, connect, register and download my licence file. I want to use this software on an offline network. Can't I copy across the installer and licence file somehow to get it to work without internet?

0 votes
Thomas Lann January 8, 2018

I also would like to use an offline registration.

0 votes
Marco Brade August 18, 2017

Within our company we used sourcetree 1.8.2.2 which is beeing able to even install without the need to have an internet connection.

With 2.1.10.0 it is not possible any more to even install it without internet connectivity. Problem is that in our company only special users can install software but those users can not go to the internet.

My regular user can go to the internet via proxy but is not able to install software.

Why not moving the registration process to the first start of the application after installation. At least this will solve some issues but not all. And be aware that a proxy with authentication is also often a common usecase. So to be able to configure that would be a must have or use the system settings.

BR

Marco

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2017

Hi Michael! At the moment, offline registration for SourceTree is not possible. You'll need to connect to the internet at least once so you can register the product with your Atlassian account. 

We are tracking direct feedback on this specific request at SRCTREE-3593. Please feel free to add your feedback and specifics around your teams needs.

Cheers!

Ana

Michael Leach July 3, 2017

Ana, Thanks for the quick reply even though it's not what I was hoping to hear.  I'll add a comment to SRCTREE-3593 although most likely we'll look for another product.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2017

I'm sorry to hear that, Michael. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Best regards,

Ana

Quin Kan August 29, 2017

Is it correct that we can install SourceTree 2.1.2.5 WITHOUT internet connection?

I tried to install 2.1.10 recently, and I think an internet connection is required.  So any verison before 2.1.10 can be installed without internet connection?

However, any version will require an internet connection for registration?

Thanks

Quin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events