SourceTree 2.1.2.5 Windows. Track Remote Branch, Options Disabled

Matt Meleski June 14, 2017

Hi Just upgraded to 2.1.2.5 for Windows, 

When I right click on a  Local Branch,  and choose -> "Track remote branch", all the options are disabled. for example, I cannot choose the "(None)" option at the bottom of the list.  This has always worked in previous versions of SourceTree , ie was able to choose a different branch to track.  

2 answers

0 votes
gcreech December 8, 2017

Wow - just found something that helps ...

I was able to manually add tracking info to my local branch and it seemed to heal the issue with ST (all the grayed out menu went active) ...

git branch -u <remote origin name>/<full branch name> <local branchname>

ex: (I use "Gerrit" for my origin name for my Gerrit Remote; "proto10" is my local branch name for a spot on my remote.)

git branch -u Gerrit/Dev/Proj1/SpecialGroup/proto10   proto10

When I go to ST and look at the tracking menu (right mouse on proto10 branch name), the tracking menu is alive again ... can even change to a new spot) ...

Unfortunately, does not fix other branches ...

0 votes
Matt Meleski June 14, 2017

Just some more info, the Local Branch is tracking the Remote Master Branch

Gleb Popov July 5, 2017

I'm also having this problem.

tatuih August 1, 2017

i'm also having the same issue...

gcreech December 8, 2017

Is someone working on this (or even listening)?

Version 2.3.1.0

me too.

David Hall January 16, 2018

Just posted a very similar question at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Can-t-disable-remote-tracking-for-out-of-sync-local-branch/qaq-p/705909 before I came across this one. Any news? I have the same problem with ST version 2.4.7.0 on Windows 10.

ramona_tipa January 31, 2018

On version 2.4.7.0 if it helps. What i've done was to go to pull button and in the popup window i've selected the remote branch i wished to track. In my case was master.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events