Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree 2.0: "Uncommitted changes" yet nothing is pending

Matthew S May 15, 2017

I just updated SourceTree to version 2.0.20.1 and I'm seeing something weird. My repository is saying that there are uncommitted changes but nothing is pending. I've checked the files and saw no pending changes. I entered "git status" on the command line and received a message that my repo was up to date.

I have discarded the changes and did a reverse commit to try and get rid of these ghost uncommitted changes, but both attempts did not work. Has anyone else experienced this bug? How do I get SourceTree to not think there are uncommitted changes when nothing is pending?

I did not get this bug before I updated to SourceTree 2.0. While I was making this thread, there was one suggested thread that might have answers, but the suggestions in that thread did not work. Thread

st.jpg

6 answers

2 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
od August 29, 2017

I found a solution.

I do not have files with case-sensitive names.

But: When i check "Disable LibGit2 integration", all "uncommited changes" disappear!

I feel that the overall operation has become faster.

Brandon Gano August 31, 2017

Disabling LibGit2 integration worked for me. Tools: Options: Git: Disable LibGit2 integration.

Thanks for the tip!

aaron_morgan September 21, 2017

Disabling LibGit2 (and then restarting Sourcetree) also fixed it for me.

Agreed, seems to run faster now too, not lagging on changing tabs with that scrolling progress indicator in the upper left.

Alexander Yakovlev November 14, 2017

Disabling LibGit2 integration (with restart) worked for me too.

Thanks!

Deleted user November 22, 2017

This worked for me too. Is there any downside to this?

Thanks!

Alexander Betser December 15, 2017

v2.3.1.0 Worked for me after SourceTree restart. Thank you.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2017

Hi Matthew! This has been reported as a bug, you can find it at SRCTREEWIN-7112. There's no workaround for it at the moment, please watch that ticket so you get notified of further updates. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Kind regards,

Ana

Matthew S May 16, 2017

Thanks, Ana!

Taimur Alavi June 13, 2017

To be clear, to continue working on the repositories will not cause an issue in terms of data corruption?

0 votes
Ilker Evrenos July 16, 2019

As of 07 JUL 2019, the bug is still there.

0 votes
mac_mcmeans August 24, 2018

As of 24 AUG 2018, the bug is still there. I created a new repo, but could not commit any local changes to my remote until after I disabled LibGit2 integration. Until I did that, NOTHING happened. I'd say this is a show-stopper that should have been corrected a year ago.

0 votes
NeatWolf October 31, 2017

As per today, if I go to Tools: Options: Git: Disable LibGit2 integration, and check "Disable LibGit2 integration" then the ghost uncommitted changes INSTANTLY go away.

then, they don't reappear if I enable it again, even without closing that dialog.

BUT

if I close SourceTree with LibGit2 still enabled (unchecked) and launch it again, the uncommitted changes pop back again.

Is it normal to have such issues? I was pretty surprised to see such an astounding bug still around (2017-10-31)

0 votes
JulioAmerica August 18, 2017

I fixed this with the Git mv command... and correct the file with the correct filename. 

Command:

Git mv -f [SourceRepositoryLocation/WrongFileName] [DestinationRepositoryLocation/RightFileName]

I then just did a commit to the branch and the "Uncommited changes" node disappeared. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events