Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree 2.0.4 error

Robbie December 19, 2014

Since updating to version 2.0.4 of SourceTree this error appears on startup. "hg status" is failing causing information to not show up in the repository window.

'hg status' failed with code 1:'*** failed to import extension hgext.hgsubversion from /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/hgext/hgsubversion: 'module' object has no attribute 'canonpath'
** Unknown exception encountered with possibly-broken third-party extension hgattic
** which supports versions unknown of Mercurial.
** Please disable hgattic and try your action again.
** If that fixes the bug please report it to the extension author.
** Python 2.7.5 (default, Mar  9 2014, 22:15:05) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 5.0 (clang-500.0.68)]
** Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 3.2.3)
** Extensions loaded: purge, transplant, fetch, extdiff, rebase, strip, mq, hgattic, hgflow, gpg, sourcetree_auth, progress, sourcetree_checklink
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/hg_local", line 35, in <module>
    mercurial.dispatch.run()
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 28, in run
    sys.exit((dispatch(request(sys.argv[1:])) or 0) & 255)
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 71, in dispatch
    ret = _runcatch(req)
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 140, in _runcatch
    return _dispatch(req)
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 817, in _dispatch
    repo = hg.repository(ui, path=path)
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/hg.py", line 128, in repository
    peer = _peerorrepo(ui, path, create)
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/hg.py", line 115, in _peerorrepo
    obj = _peerlookup(path).instance(ui, path, create)
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/hg.py", line 89, in _peerlookup
    return thing(path)
  File "/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/hgext/hgsubversion/__init__.py", line 185, in _lookup
    if util.islocalrepo(url):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'islocalrepo'

17 answers

4 votes
Rp Subhub
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2014

Looks a lot like SRCTREE-2878 

There's an update to blog post on release of 2.0.4 with details of the fix.

Alan Wright December 22, 2014

Un-checking the hgsubversion option worked for me. 2.0.4 now working!

Yosi Oren December 24, 2014

did not work for me. i can not even reach that option since it is out of screen, the mercurial error that display has no scroll option so the window become too large to reach.

Peter Tran December 25, 2014

Thanks for the work-around in the update to the blog post. :)

Guy Tidhar December 29, 2014

I have the same issue as Yosi had. Our project is stuck. Right when I need to download all the code to work. How can I fix this? The bitbucket is stuck with a window taller then the screen and no option to close it.

In case you have my issue and can not see the "OK" button at the bottom, you might need to change resolution (system preferences -> Displays -> Display Tab: "Scaled" resolution radio button : change it until you can see the button.

Yosi Oren December 29, 2014

Guy , software should have a scrollable view so it will not have this effect , but I guess they did not check if instead of version string there is a stack trace of crash. I can see that when i switch to system mercurial every thing is working ok with version 3.2.1 in the crash trace it specify that it can not work with python 2.6.9 because it was compiled with 2.7.5. python 2.6.9 is the default apple version while I have 2.7.8 installed for me , Sourcetree does not run with settings so it access the apple old version. How do I set my python 2.7.8 as the default for system wide apps ?

Yosi Oren December 29, 2014

google is my friend :) found the solution : in terminal write : defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Version 2.7 then embedded works

I was referring to a Mac version of sourcetree. Once I addressed the resolution not being enough to see closing button, following the uncheck hgsubversion fix did the trick for me.

stojanovicigi January 5, 2015

Un-checking the hgsubversion option worked for me as well.

0 votes
Alexander Schatten January 8, 2015

same here and what is even better: the error window is to large that it is not possible to get to the ok/close/whatever button.

0 votes
borN_free December 24, 2014

Read the anser from @Rp Subhub - unchecking hgsubversion plugin is a fix

0 votes
Chad Burris December 22, 2014

Thought it was just me, got this as soon as I upgraded to 2.0.4. Will be downgrading for now.

0 votes
Yiwen Ng December 22, 2014

Same here... downgrade to 2.0.3

0 votes
lllama December 22, 2014

Same here. Will try a downgrade to 2.0.3

0 votes
honekamp December 21, 2014

Just to make this gain more momentum: same here, independently of whether internal or external (3.2.3+20141218) hg install is used. Command line client works fine. No issue with repos.

0 votes
Kevin Lee December 21, 2014

Dear Atlassian, I appreciate your effort to quickly solve the security issue, yet I don't think making the app unusable is a proper solution.

0 votes
Kevin Lee December 21, 2014
0 votes
IntranelBen December 21, 2014

Also found a temp fix by downgrading to 2.0.2 using embedded mercurial 2.2.2

0 votes
IntranelBen December 21, 2014

Had the same issue with Sourcetree 2.0.3 using external mercurial 3.2.3 install No improvements since with 2.0.4, using either embedded or external mercurial install

0 votes
kokuev December 21, 2014

Same thing on 2.0.4

0 votes
andrewbutterfield December 21, 2014

I'm getting the same error - just updated to 2.0.4 - the git repos work OK, the mercurial ones re banjaxed, at least in sourcetree - hg log and hg status from the command line work just fine

0 votes
Alan Wright December 20, 2014

Went back to 2.0.3 and error disappears. Phew!

0 votes
Alan Wright December 20, 2014

Same problem going form 2.0.2 to 2.0.4!

0 votes
adavidson December 20, 2014

Same problem here since updating to 2.0.4

0 votes
Phill Ashworth December 19, 2014

Me too. Same error and blank window.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders