SourceTree 1.8 doesn't recognize system Git

Chase Sandmann February 24, 2016

I just upgraded to 1.8 and after logging in, every single repo popped up an error prompt with "git status failed with code -1."  I looked this up and the results said that the problem was that SourceTree didn't recognize my system's git.  But it worked just fine in 1.7!  I have it in my Path environment variable, so I don't know what could possibly be the problem.

I don't give a crap about the graphical changes.  I could take them or leave them - I honestly couldn't care less.  But it's absolutely unacceptable to completely break AN INTEGRAL FUNCTIONALITY that worked perfectly in previous versions.  I will be reverting to a previous version, and if Atlassian continues to ignore Windows users, I will discontinue using this product altogether.

1 answer

0 votes
Jim Howe February 24, 2016

I had the same issue. I uninstalled the 1.8 release and went back to 1.7. Unfortunately even the 1.7 version doesn't work as well as the 1.6.x release that I 'upgraded' from. I suspect some configuration information got lost in the process. I can view my repositories, but I can't push to the remotes. Very sorry that I 'upgraded'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events