Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source tree licencing

La Boumerde November 22, 2017

Hi,

I work as a consultant for a corporation which is an atlassian customer (jira, bitbucket, confluence).

I read on atlassian website that sourcetree is free on windows and mac platform. Great news !

But when installing sourcetree and registering with this corporation email, a test licence is given. I don't understand why, as the software is free (as in free beer) and the corporation is an atlassian customer.

The question : what do I have to do to use sourcetree when registering to atlassian with this corporation email address ?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi! Sourcetree has been free for a while so it shouldn't be asking you for a license :) Are you downloading it from our website

Can you let us know which OS version are you using and send us a screenshot when you're asked for the license?

Cheers!

Ana

La Boumerde November 27, 2017
  • Download : from your website
  • Screenshot : I'll send it directly to you (confidential information). Can I have your professional email address ?
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Hi! I've talked the developers and they told me that was used for the previous versions, it has no functional use anymore and is not required for installation. Since 1.7, the license is no longer necessary so you can just ignore it. At the moment we're only using that redirection to determine if an Atlassian account owner is a Sourcetree user, and it will be removed soon.

Sorry for the confusion!

Best regards :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events