Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Treen incredibly slow and not reponding and again slow

Eduardo June 9, 2017

Context:

- I am new to Source Tree;

- Using Windows 10;

- Using Source Tree version 2.1.2.4

- Using GitHub with 2 remote repositories.

Issues:

- Source Tree is extremely slow and not responding after a click.

Can someone help? (Thank you very much)

4 answers

0 votes
Eduardo June 13, 2017

Hello,

I think I now understand the reason for Source Tree not performing well but I do not know how to resolve it.

It is not the antivirus.

My Source Tree is actually syncronising a folder which has almost 50 thousand files; it is the folder of my user (C:\Users\myname.mysurname ). 

I have discovered it by opening Git Gui: the "Unstaged Changes" is full with the list of these files and I think this is impacting the performance of Source Tree.

Somehow (I do not know how) Source Tree is looking at the same folder and displays as well the long list of files.

Questions:

1. How can I tell, either to Git (Git Gui) OR to Source Tree, to stop syncronising this folder in my laptop?
  2. Why is Source Tree looking at the same folder (how is the integration between Source Tree and Git controled?).
  3. Is there a way to tell, either to Source Tree or  to Git, the path to the correct folder (in my laptop) where I am storing my code?

Thank you very much.

Eduardo

robfosse June 7, 2018

Did you resolve this issue? I'm having the exact same issue and it's driving me nuts!

0 votes
theoguedes June 13, 2017

Im having the same problem. Tried to disable the antivirus and nothing happened. Still slow and not responsive.

(PS. Renato e Eduardo, nomes bem comuns no Brasil, alguma chance de vocês falarem português e estarem se comunicando em inglês? =])

rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2017

Hi Theo, 

I'm from Brazil, Porto Alegre :). The reason we are communicating in English here is that another engineer from another location or also customers around the world may not speak Portuguese and not understand what we would type here in pt-br ;)

Btw, have a look at Eduardo's answer below. Is there any chance of you are facing the same issue about a huge folder in your ST?

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

Hi Eduardo,

I already saw a similar case with it on Windows 10. On that case, the slowness was being caused by the antivirus. If you have some antivirus installed, may I ask you to disable it only for testing purposes, reboot your computer and try again? If the issue persists, can you check your logs and see if you get some error message during the slowness?

Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Renato

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events