[Source Tree] ssh-agent.exe unable to start

n e November 19, 2015

Hi everyone, i got a new computer and try to install Source tree on it but got this error message when i try to launch ssh-agent (Tools> lauch SSH agent...) :

'ssh-agent' failed with code-1: System.Exception: Unable to to start 'C:\Users\myaccount\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\bin\ssh-agent.exe' check the git installation ()

My former PC runs on windows 7 and my new windows 10. I look in the "bin" folder and there is no ssh-agent.exe there but in git_local i got a usr folder in which i found a new "bin" folder in which a ssh-agent.exe file is.

I tried to :

• change the path but found no way to do so.
  • copy-paste the "usr/bin" folder in the "bin" folder but it did not solve my problem.

Please, how can i fix this?

Thanking you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2015

Hello there, 

Looks like SourceTree is looking for ssh on Git Embedded while you are using a System Git. For testing purposes, can you try to change for Embedded Git? You can do this going to SourceTree Menu -> Preferences - Git.

Cheers, 

Renato Rudnicki

n e November 20, 2015

I've tried but it didn't work. I also tried to set again System Git and now it works. Thank you

rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2015

Hello, If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Robert Swainson February 18, 2016

After upgrading to version 1.8.1.0 I started to see a similar ssh-agent failure - switching to System Git fixed this for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events