Did you mean: 

Source Tree often fails to commit

Viewing page 2 of 2

26 answers

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

This is a git failure, and I've only ever heard of it once before, and it was when a mixture of the command line and SourceTree were being used, across git versions which had breaking changes (particularly in submodule support).

Please try telling SourceTree to use your command-line git install, Preferences > Git > Use System Git

pqg November 12, 2012

Versions were similar (system 1.7.10.2 vs embedded 1.7.11.1), don't do anything with submodules or the like, but setting it to Use System Git has indeed solved the issue, thanks.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

My guess is maybe a bug / feature in your older version that's leaving temp files around when 1.7.11.1 expects them to be deleted already. Usually mixing versions works fine but occasionally something like this comes up. Glad you have it sorted out.

Timothy Kelty February 25, 2013

I get the same error often.

I swtiched to my system git (1.8) and still no luck.

pqg March 5, 2013

I'm getting this once again, different repo, but doesn't matter if system or embedded git, no submodules invovled either.

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false commit -q -F /var/folders/xc/bgspnlyn75g6cwp06r_lw3nr0000gn/T/SourceTreeTemp.zmuqvX 
error: unable to create temporary file: File exists
error: Error building trees
Completed with errors, see above

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events