Source Tree Memory Leak Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Nathan Keiter January 23, 2015

Let me start out by saying we love Source Tree and have been using it for a few years now.  We have a locally hosted Stash Repository we us it with (on a different server.)

We have the latest version of Source Tree installed.  This issue showed up in the last few versions, but now it is pretty much unusable.

I'd tell you the version number, but Source Tree isn't responding right now, so I can't check.

When we start Atlassian Source tree, CPU usage by Source Tree climbs to 50%.  Memory usage climbs to anywhere between 3G and 7G.

Sometimes if you wait 20 or 30 minutes, the memory usage will fall to around 0.5G and the program will start responding.

We see this behavior on first boot and any time a new commit is pulled in and/or a new commit is available remotely, but not yet pulled in.

If it becomes responsive enough to tell me the version number I'll post it.  I've been waiting 45 minutes so far.

Thanks,

Nathan

P.S. Finally got the version.  Even the "About" window is not responding...

Source-Tree-Not-Responding.jpg

P.P.S

Downgrading to version 1.5.2 fixed the issue.  Barely any memory used now!

Source-Tree-version1.5.jpg

Source-Tree-1-5-2-About.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2015

This is likely related to this bug. Feel free to vote on it, but I think it's at the point where the devs are aware and just need time to diagnose and fix the issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-2093

There is a download link to 1.5.x in a few of the comments, which you may try to see if it resolves the CPU/memory usage issues.

Thanks Seth! Downgrading to 1.5.2 fix the issue! See above for details.

0 votes

Guessing it's version 1.6.12? Have the same version on my Windows 7 PC and it's slow at times, but not completely unusable like the one on the server is right now. I haven't been able to do any work on the server since 9:30 AM. I might try downgrading to 1.5.x at this point.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events