Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Tree (2.7.152) BitBucket authentication issue

Adam Raszkiewicz January 18, 2018

I have connected Source Tree (2.7.152) to BitBucket but since most recent update I have authentication issues. Each time when I try to pull or to push is telling me that credentials are invalid because of third party software and I need to go to Preferences -> Accounts and re-authenticate my account again.

Any clue what is going on?

Thanks

6 answers

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2018

Looks like this is the same ssh issue which many folks are facing. 

Please check if your ssh keys are added to the agent by running below command in terminal

ssh-add -l

If none are listed, please add the key to the agent using below command,

ssh-add <path_to_key>

more like

ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa

This should fix your problems. 

If you want to learn more about why this happens and how to fix this permanently, read this Technical Note from Apple

xjkstar June 21, 2018

my agent name is not 'id_rsa.pub', how can i change my ssh name in sourcetree 2.7 ?

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2018

You can use whatever is the name of your key instead of "id_rsa"

xjkstar June 24, 2018

屏幕快照 2018-06-25 上午9.59.31.pngso how can i edit the ssh key?  Thank U!

Manju
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2018

You don't have to edit your ssh key. You can use the same id_rsa key with bitbucket. If this key isn't already added in Bitbucket, Copy to Clipboard and use it on bitbucket.org.

0 votes
Ben Cato February 19, 2018

POS F'ing Sourcetree. This happens with almost every update. Everything is/has been fine, install the latest update, all of my authentications fail, constantly have to enter username/password. Here's a great tip that I just found: Don't use Sourcetree. Switch to command line (which I'm still not a fan of) or GitKraken. 0% issues. I hate you, Sourcetree. POS. Gone.

0 votes
Deleted user January 22, 2018

I fixed this by deleting the whole Sourcetree folder in Library/application support/sourcetree and re-installing. Prior to that I had changed my password, which didn't work, but maybe it had an effect (in case someone tries this, and the first step doesn't solve it by itself).

This was on Sourcetree 2.7 on Mac OS Sierra.

0 votes
jaysunwalter January 22, 2018

Strangely, I get the same with GitHub Desktop but not when pushing directly from the terminal. Could it somehow be GUI related?

0 votes
Deleted user January 22, 2018

I have the same issue after updating. On Mac OS Sierra. Have tried resetting my password.

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
January 18, 2018

What third party software is being referenced?

Adam Raszkiewicz January 18, 2018

Pushing to https://me@bitbucket.org/mydev/repo.git

remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.

fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://me@bitbucket.org/mydev/repo.git/'

Completed with errors, see above

jaysunwalter January 21, 2018

I'm getting the same:

"Pushing to git@gitlab.com:*********/********.git
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository."

"Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events