Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Tree 1.9.6.2 failing to install

Sudarshanfws December 13, 2017

Hi,

I had uninstalled source tree 1.8.3 and trying to install 1.9.6.2 but system says the most recent version of source tree is already installed on this computer, also tried to install latest version of source tree, but popup saying "JavaScript load error" shows on click button "use an existing account".

can you please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi! It could be that the uninstall hasn't cleared all the registry settings. You can go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and make sure the older SourceTree versions are removed, then reboot your system to make sure the uninstall is complete.

If you want to give it another go, you can also try a clean install following the steps:

1. Wipe Sourcetree preferences.
  2. Uninstall Sourcetree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step:
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete Sourcetree & Sourcetree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all Sourcetree Files/ folder.
  4. Download SourceTree and install it.

Regarding the error you mentioned when clicking the button "use an existing account", I guess you'll need to fix JavaScript in your Internet Explorer as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication. You can find the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3135465/how-to-enable-javascript-in-windows

If after this you're still having trouble, please send us a screenshot and let us have a look at the logs.

Cheers!

Ana

Sudarshanfws December 15, 2017

these all ways I have already tried and didn't get a solution and I am using chrome not IE.

1.png

the above-mentioned ways already had tried and didn't get a solution and the screenshot attached above.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2017

Sourcetree uses IE for the authentication, regardless of which browser you normally use so we'll need you to confirm that the settings in Internet Explorer are correct so be can identify if this is causing the issue or not. 

Make sure your IE is updated and follow the steps at How to enable Javascript on Windows to fix JavaScript in your Internet Explorer as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication. 

If after this it still fails, let us have a look at the logs.

Best regards, 

Ana

Sudarshanfws December 25, 2017

thanks for the reply.

made settings changes in IE still not working. I am using IE8, is that causing an issue?

Sudarshanfws December 27, 2017

Issue solved.

updated IE8 to IE11.

thanks

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
January 2, 2018

Glad to hear this issue is now fixed!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2017

Hi,

Are you using a Mac or PC? 

In many instances when I've uninstalled a program there were files remaining that did not get deleted and you'll need to find those files and remove them.

One specific file that often causes this issue is the preferences file.  There is a knowledge base article titled How to Wipe SourceTree Preferences.  Go through that knowledge base article and delete any folders/files related to SourceTree and retry the install.

Cheers,

Branden

Sudarshanfws December 14, 2017

Thanks for the reply!

I am using Windows 7 and i had tried by deleting all relevant folders, still the same issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events