Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soruce Tree Add New File

Nirav Shah August 8, 2012

Hi ,

I would like to add new image file. How can I add.

Thanks

Nirav

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

One way is to select the file in the File Status view (Cmd-1) and click the 'Add' button on the toolbar. The file will then be added with the next commit.

Nirav Shah August 8, 2012

Hi Steve ,

Thank you very much.

Actually I have added one image in my img folder and it seems that image is not visible in Working Copy in File Status. How can I add it ? Not sure but If I change any file then its visible but what about newly added files ? Thank you once again.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

If the file isn't showing there are 2 possible reasons:

1. It's already added and hasn't been modified (Clean), or
  2. It's been ignored by either your global ignore file, or the local one for this repository

If it's the former, changing the filter at the top of the file list from 'Show Pending' to 'Show Clean' will display it. If it's the latter, then changing the filter to 'Show Ignored' will display it.

If it shows up under 'Show Ignored', you can add it from this list. If you want to avoid the problem in future, you need to find the incorrect entry in your ignore files. The global one will be accessible from Preferences > Git (or Mercurial depending on what system this is). The local one will be inside your repository, called .gitignore or .hgignore. Check these files for entries which match your file and remove them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events