cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update Error!

Brian Johnstone June 13, 2012

During the update process for SourceTree I get this error after the download:

"An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later."

Previous updates have worked, but I get this error every time now with my MacBook Pro running 10.6. I have a Mac Pro desktop that's running 10.7 and it has updated SourceTree without any problems at all. What could be going on here?

When I look in the system log I see these messages as well:

Jun 13 20:33:59 --- /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/MacOS/SourceTree[42669]: error processing extended attributes: Argument list too long
Jun 13 20:33:59 --- [0x0-0x272272].com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS[42669]: "disk1" unmounted.
Jun 13 20:33:59 --- [0x0-0x272272].com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS[42669]: "disk1" ejected.

4 answers

0 votes
kula85 March 21, 2019

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine path/to/Sourcetree.app

0 votes
Jamie Reynolds November 7, 2013

Built in.

I have downloaded manually and it update fine.

0 votes
Jamie Reynolds November 7, 2013

"An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later."

Mac OS 10.7.5

Sourcetree current version: Version 1.6.3.1 (1.6.3.1)

Version trying to update to: SourceTree 1.7.4.1

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2013

Jamie: Are you getting this from using the built-in upgrade process or when downloading the install file manually from http://sourcetreeapp.com/?

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2012

Yes, there appears to be a problem with the Sparkle update process on 10.6 with the new Developer ID signature. The build does work on 10.6 though, so please just download manually for now from sourcetreeapp.com. I don't have a 10.6 machine with me to investigate (I'm at WWDC right now) but will try to figure out what's up after my return.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events