Show file difference as split files (original and modified) rather than one file with all the changes

Josh Hunt June 8, 2016

Is this possible? I can't seem to find a view option that does this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Sorry, bad advice about side-by-side view inside SourceTree. You must configure an external diff tool and launch it by right clicking the file name in the staging lists to get a side-by-side difference view. I use FileMerge on Mac and WinMerge on Windows.

Josh Hunt June 8, 2016

Thanks, I wasn't searching for the right term. So I think the answer is that it's not possible in SourceTree and I would have to open the files in an external diff Tool?

QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

That's correct. SourceTree seems to be oriented to be strictly a GUI GIT interface.

thinsoldier
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2016

I use BBEdit. Whatever you use you can set it to open with CMD+D. I strongly prefer side by side comparison in BBEdit over whatever they might someday add to Sourcetree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events