Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't bitbucket account be enough for using sourcetree?

Jonas Andersson March 21, 2016

A new user had to register both for Bitbucket and Atlassian in order to get SourceTree for Windows working. I was under the impression the two are supposed to be the same? 

Details:

I invited a user to our Bitbucket repo. The user registered and succesfully got access to our repo.

The user then installed SourceTree, but could not "Clone to SourceTree" from Bitbucket.

When asked to register SourceTree the newly created Bitbucket account did not work, instead the user had to create an Atlassian account as well.

1 answer

1 vote
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016

The new version of SourceTree requires users to register with a My Atlassian account.  If you were using Bitbucket Cloud the same Atlassian account would probably work, but if you're using Bitbucket Server, yes they would need an Atlassian account (the same kind of account you had to create to post here).

Jonas Andersson March 23, 2016

We are using Bitbucket Cloud. My Bitbucket Cloud were setup last year, and have been migrated to Atlassian account. 

The new users account however seems to not get migrated to Atlassian account. In the Atlassian account FAQ it says "New HipChat or Bitbucket users can sign up as usual and use the same set of credentials to sign up for or log in to other Atlassian Cloud services."

This does not seem to be the case however. Feature or bug I wonder?

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

Yeah, that seems weird then.  I don't use Bitbucket Cloud though so I don't really know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events